User Experience Researcher, Remote (UK Based)
We are looking for a User Experience Researcher to join our dynamic product team. We have recently launched IPS Cloud, an online insolvency case management platform and successor to the industry leading IPS SQL. The user experience team is at the forefront of how we create an intuitive, innovative, leading edge product that our users enjoy using. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviours, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
The User Experience Specialist within the team at Turnkey will support your research endeavours and use the findings to create the next stage of the design process, which can be discovery workshops to deepen insight, user journey mapping or wireframe creation.
The UX Designer within the team at Turnkey will amplify your research to impact the product design. You will work closely with them to focus research efforts and target future product goals.
Specifically, the role will be focused on the following:
The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the viewpoints, emotions, needs, and behaviours of people who use our product to inspire and inform designs. In this role, you will investigate user behaviour and user needs using research methods such as; interviews, surveys, prototype tests and card sorting exercises.
Knowledge and experience of the Double Diamond design process is essential in order to work within our iterative framework. You will work closely with the UX Designer to test product prototypes and gain insightful feedback for rapid iterations to find value for our customers before we commit to code.
Working alongside the UX Specialist will require you to be:
- Open minded, collaborative and inclusive in your research
- Have the ability to accept feedback and progress without ego
- Empathy. Not only for those they are designing for, but for those they are working with
- Passionate, to create, to learn and to innovate
- A natural problem solver
Key skills required:
- Strong Research skills. Knowledge of when to deploy the correct research quantitative and qualitative methods to gather unbiased data
- Understanding of design thinking methodology
- Comfortable conducting user research techniques to guide product design decisions
- Experience in carrying out research to gain a better understanding of our users and building personas to better understand their goals, behaviours and roadblocks
- Confident in leading workshops with users and stakeholders
- Experience in composing user surveys, conducting user interviews and user testing
- Experience working with various stakeholders such as UX designers, Developers, Product Managers and Clients
- Experience in recruiting users for research
- A clear, concise ability to write in plain English
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- A fantastic company culture
- Ongoing training and personal development with progression opportunities
- Continuous feedback – we want you to want to improve and we’ll help you do it
- The chance to work with other departments, rapidly developing your skills and knowledge
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- A generous holiday allowance that increases the longer you’re with us
- Private healthcare cover
- Generous pension scheme
- Complimentary on-site parking for office based employees
- Flexible working – we’re about getting the job done and understand work-life balance, so we’re flexible with our employees and they’re flexible with us
- Hybrid working
- Company days out
- A day off on your birthday
- Access to the Glasgow Hydro club venue
Turnkey has been in business for 41 years. We are experienced in technology provision within the Insolvency market through the development of a number of products. We have a wide range of clients who use our software from single IP’s to the Big 4 Accounting Firms. IPS, our core product is currently available within 17 jurisdictions internationally and we plan to take it to many more. This is underpinned by our technology, recruitment strategy, and a rich network of partners – creating an exciting opportunity for anyone joining what is already an established business and on the verge of exceptional growth.
We have a great culture at Turnkey, it is informal and there is a huge wealth of knowledge and experience for new team members to tap into. Life is fast paced, energetic and we recognise the importance of employee development, well-being and fun at work!