Welcome to the first issue of KeyCurves – your quarterly snapshot of the UK insolvency market.
Read the latest issue to discover what’s new in Q2 2022 in this easy-to-digest summary of statistics provided by The Insolvency Service, with a brief commentary on some of the more noteworthy matters this quarter.
Q2 2022 at a glance:
- CVLs at their highest level in England & Wales since the series began
- Rising fuel and energy costs
- Inflation reached levels not seen since the 1980’s
- The impact following the end of COVID measures to support businesses
England & WalesCompany Insolvencies
- 4,908 CVLs ↑
- 368 Compulsory Liquidations ↑
- 353 Other Insolvencies ↑
- 208 CVLs ↑
- 44 Compulsory Liquidations ↑
- 9 Other Insolvencies ↓
Northern IrelandCompany Insolvencies
- 33 CVLs ↑
- 20 Compulsory Liquidations ↑
- 5 Other Insolvencies ↓
Overall, the UK saw increasing levels of company insolvencies in Q2 2022, both in comparison to Q1 2022 and the previous year. The summer period traditionally brings fewer appointments, but it will be interesting to see what the figures say in Q3 2022.
Registered Company Insolvencies in England and Wales:
Registered Company Insolvencies in Scotland:
Registered Company Insolvencies in Northern Ireland:
The next issue of KeyCurves will be released in December 2022.